Saturday, May 22, 2010

Control Freak!

Now, about the flying. Ricardo is SUCH a good sport. He lets me fly most of the time. This is for one simple and ridiculous reason that makes no sense whatsoever: I am more comfortable when I fly the plane.

How funny is that? He is a pilot of 11 years, with over a 1,000 hours logged. And, yet, I feel so much more at ease when I am flying the plane.

In my defense, I just want to point out that the plane is very sensitive and unless ruled with an iron fist, it just jumps and flits about and tips and tilts and whatnot. That stuff drives me crazy with apprehension. Ricardo is not bothered by it in the least. So he's over there "driving" with his knees while he fiddles with his iPod, pokes around on the GPS, sight sees, whatever. And I'm over on my side in close contact with God.

So, if I ask, he lets me "drive." So lucky. He's trying to encourage me to make some "dramatic maneuvers" to become comfortable. Hahahaha! No way! He tells the story of landing this plane with no engine. The story of practicing coming out of the death spiral in pilot training. The story of mountain training - with dramatic turns and etc. I don't want any part of all that...

I just like to keep her steady as she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment