Thursday, May 20, 2010

Headed to the Border

Our plan today is to fly to Tampico, land and refuel and eat (but not ceviche), then fly to Veracruz, land and refuel and sleep.

It's very windy in Harlinger this morning. I don't like to fly in the wind. I secretly wish the Harlinger airport was smaller so we couldn't take off. See, they have 3 runways - which gives us a lot of options. If we had crosswinds and just one runway, we couldn't even take off (Been there, done that. We were blown off the runway at Weiser in Houston in 2008 by a huge gust). But Harlinger has just the runway for us: runway 17 Left points us right into the 20mph winds. So ... we will head to the airport and take off here in a few minutes. Again, I'm scared.

My petsitter sent a photo of my dogs cozied up on the couch this morning (thanks, Brian!!). I sort of envy the little guys at times like this. I am hoping and waiting for my terror to abate... I am sure I will feel much better once we are on the beach in Puerto Escondido.

2 comments:

  1. Did my post not work before? I'm excited you're going to Puerto Escondido-I went there once while I was studying abroad in Oaxaca...so beautiful. I hope you post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes pictures please!! what FUN!

    ReplyDelete