Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fun with dinner in Veracruz


Well, actually, when our dinner arrived I was somewhat mortified about being served an entire snapper (not only because it was enormous, but also because I don't like to eat anything that still wears its face when I eat it). Thank God his head was entirely covered with the delicious sauce a la Veracruzano. I was determined to avoid staring him in the eye. But then the inevitable happened, he peeked at me through the tomatoes and olives. It went down hill from there... I do feel bad about having made a mockery of his last dignified public appearance - and for having ensured that he met with a most ignominious end.

I think Ricardo and I were asked to leave shortly after these sporting shots were taken.

Postscript: I paid for this bad behavior last night when I was haunted by dreams of huge fish being served all around me as I sat at my table in a restaurant. A very cute dolphin grinned at me from a large platter on the next table and waggled his long nose in my direction. It was terrifying and heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment